Next up in our group is Georgia and another quick search in Wikipedia has brought me up to date on our opponents. Here’s the science bit:
Georgia general facts:
- Population: Roughly 4.6 million (64 people per square kilometre!)
- Languages: Georgian
- Currency: Lari (1 Lari = 0.44 euro)
- Capital: Tbilisi
Georgian rugby facts:
- Currently ranked 17th in the world
- Rugby Union Founded in 1961
- Their team is nicknamed the Lelos
Head to head:
Not sure about their record against us, I’d be suprised if there have been any previous hiccups against Georgia.
- Their last game, a world cup warm up, ended in a defeat to Agen:
- 15/08/2007 – Agen 31 Georgia 13
So, without wanting to push our luck again I’d say this one is a easy win with an extra bonus point for good behaviour. A nice easy stroll into the business end of qualifying. Bring on the Frogs and the Argies!